Andromeda Barker, preferring to be called "Andy" or "Ann" but is most often (IC and OOC) just called "Andro", is a student at Athalia Academy created and played by Animelover_princess. She is a direct descendant of Medusa, and usually wears a veil to prevent people from turning to stone when looking at her eyes, which also matches her shy nature.
(has won the award for the most shippable character in Athalia)
- Gender: Female
- Species/Race: Gorgon
- Age: 23
- Height: 5'5" / 1.55 m
- Weight: 135 lb. / 55.34 kg
- Hair Color: emerald snakes
- Eye Color: no one knows
- Skin Color: ivory
- Figure: hour-glass
Medusa's Stare: Like Medusa, if someone looks directly into Andromeda's eyes they will turn to stone. She constantly wears either a veil or a pair of sunglasses so people won't be able to see her eyes.
Serpent Servants: Andromeda can speak to and exercise minor control over snakes (sort of more persuasion then control), and has complete control over the snakes on her head. If she doesn't specifically tell them to do something (telepathically) they pretty much just reflect her current mood.
Snake form: Andromeda has the Ability to turn her legs into a snake tail for short periods of time, however, it physically drains her to do so, if she goes in this form for too long she'll pass out and will have to wait hours before she can go into the form again. in this form she is much faster then on her legs and can exercise stronger (but still not complete) control over snakes being more like the creatures now.
She is mortal; anything that can kill a normal human can kill her too. Due to her cold-blooded part snake biology, she is especially weak against cold.
Andromeda is very shy and socially awkward. She is friendly and wants to have friends. but doesn't know how to go about it. She is kind, and often returns to her Greek roots in appearance, actions, and speech.
Andromeda is the direct descendant of Medusa. Medusa's powers skipped a generation, so her mother didn't have them and thought the gorgon gene had finally just been bred out. But then she had a baby that turned the nurse to stone when she opened her eyes. Andromeda's mother shunned her and locked her up, home-schooling her and always teaching her that there was something wrong with her. she very rarely met other people and only knew a few servants her mother trusted to keep their secret. the only good thing in Andromeda's life was her father, who loved his daughter and doted on her, trying hard to erase and hold back the ideas her mother gave her about herself, he never quite succeeded though and as such deep down she still believes she a monster, even after meeting all the people at Athalia. As she was never allowed to look anyone, even her own mother, in the eyes, Andromeda now has trouble doing so, seeing it as taboo, despite the fact that her gaze won't turn people to stone as long as she has her veil on. She was sent to Athalia Academy when she got an invitation, and her mother was happy to get rid of her.
After the battle for Athalia Academy, Andromeda stayed with the other students, going to where the new school would eventually be built. she decided to re-enroll as she had no where else to go and still deemed herself a threat to everyone around her.
- Core classes
Theo's Food Preference Test
- Love: Hot Chocolate - "My dad would make it for me whenever I got sad, and whenever he came back from particularly long business trips, or my mom was particularly mean to me."
- Hate: Spaghetti - "It's the only thing my mom could cook, she didn't cook very often and she wasn't very good so I didn't like to eat it but she'd get mad at me if I didn't."
- Mixed: Candy - "I only ever got it a few times, I never went trick-or-treating or anything, there were a few kinds I liked but I don't really have a sweet tooth so Ii don't know if I like it or not."
- What are you? Scary.
- How do you see yourself? Monster.
- What is your personality? Shy.
- Where would you like to be most right now? Alone.
- Why? Scary.
- What is your purpose? Live.
- Who are your friends? Few.
- Why? Shy.
- What do you consider most important to you? Nothing.
- Do you have any regrets right now? Many.
- What would you like to do in the future? Teach.
- Why? Children.
- What makes you angry? Life.
- Why? Punishing.
- What makes you happy? Others.
- Why? Smile.
- What was the most important memory for you? Father.
- How has that memory shaped you as a person? Sane.
- What are you lacking right now? Love.
- Do you intend to do anything about it? No.
this song describes the kind of relationship Andromeda had with her mother, and how the woman constantly shut her out and all her advances of love.
This song describes how Andromeda feels about her self, like a monster