- Gender: Male (A)/Female (B)
- Species/Race: Doppelgänger(?)
- Age: 19
- Height: ' " / m
- Weight: lb. / kg
- Hair Color: Dark Brown (A)/ Light Brown (B)
- Eye Color: Top half of iris is dark brown, the lower half is yellow. (Sectoral Heterochromia)
- Skin Color: Light
2 Lives – ‘Ara’ is actually ‘1 person’ with ‘2 different existences’, and needs to be killed twice to remain permanently dead. If Ara is killed once, the Doppelganger will receive all the wounds inflicted onto Ara and will disappear in his/her place. It takes exactly 24 hours for the doppelganger to recover, therefore the second death will have to occur before 24 hours (see Fractal World below). Fractal World – A world accessible by doppelgangers beyond mirror reflections. Other beings can enter the Fractal World if they know about it, but it is almost impossible to leave without the help of a doppelganger. Ara can access this world using any sort of mirror to switch places with his/her doppelganger, and the doppelganger is able to heal any sort of injury as long as they remain within the Fractal World. It is also incredibly convenient for storage purposes.
‘Karmic Voice’ – An ability limited only to the MALE Ara (A). He can return any injuries/damage to the one that caused it by naming the part of his body that was injured. Any injuries inflicted on B cannot be transferred. If he knows a person’s full name, A can call that name to transfer any injury he has to that person. Otherwise, the damages can only be returned to the one that inflicted it.
‘Mirroring Eyes’ – An ability limited only to the FEMALE Ara (B). Any sort of attack or ability B witnesses, she can copy once for the same purpose. For example, she can also shatter rock if she witnesses someone else do it, but she cannot inflict that same attack on a person because she witnessed the attack being used on a rock, not a person. Also, she can only copy one ability at a time. She can keep a certain ability in her ‘memory’ for as long as she wishes, but if she ever decides to copy a different ability then she won’t be able to use the first ability until she witnesses it again.
Powers – The Fractal World cannot be accessed without a mirror. Karmic Voice can only be used if the person can hear A, and he lacks any offensive ability of his own. Mirroring Eyes cannot be used if B’s sight is obstructed.
Enemy Within – The 2 halves share a form of mutual trust and acknowledgement that they cannot survive without the other, but in all honesty they are always fighting to have the right to exist in the real world. In fact there are only 2 things keeping them from killing each other: 1. It is impossible to lay a hand on the other because they are never in the same world at the same time. And 2. As far as they know, neither of them can die permanently unless both of them are killed together. Their memories are shared between them when they switch places, but otherwise they can keep secrets from each other until the next switch and the one in the Fractal World does not have real-time updates on what is going on unless there is a mirror reflecting Ara somewhere nearby.
Socializing – As one can imagine, it’s pretty hard convincing people that both the male and female counterpart are actually the same person. It gets even more complicated due to the fact both A and B consider each other enemies, but dislike when they treated differently by friends after they switch.
Like a Human – Ara is a little sturdier and faster than the average human, but otherwise has similar weaknesses as a regular human. As long as he/she doesn’t ‘die’ (1st time), any injuries inflicted on Ara will remain and affect him/her like anyone else.
[What specific combat and non-combat abilities to their powers allow them to possess?]
Ara has a strong will and a sharp tongue to match it. He/She flares up pretty quickly, but cools down just as fast. No one knows where Ara’s unbounded confidence comes from, but basically Ara always faces things head-on and seems oddly optimistic at times.
Ara can’t actually remember which half was the real original and which half was the true doppelganger. In fact, Ara is pretty sure they (the original and the doppelganger) were originally the same gender, but they can’t remember if they were originally male or female. Ara’s memories are completely jumbled up, being able to recall only small bits of a normal life or the memories of a wandering doppelganger.
They know that at one point in their lives, the real Ara and the Doppelganger must have met up, triggering a series of accidents aimed to take Ara’s life. However, Ara was not willing to go down with a fight and tracked the Doppelganger down with the intent to kill if that was what needed to be done. Instead, Ara and the Doppelganger somehow merged together, and were able to spare both their lives by doing so. However, this drastic event had permanently damaged their memories and even changed their physical characteristics. After merging into one and splitting off into 2 halves of each other, they became a strange being unlike any other. Both A and B believe they are the real original and that the other half is the Doppelganger that ended up ruining their lives.
Theo's Food Preference Test
- Love: “Hands down, it’s gotta be tiramisu. Don’t you ever let me catch anyone cutting corners with this. It better have all the layers and plenty of mascarpone cheese inside.”
- Hate: “Blue cheese. That thing is 95% offensive smell, 4% fungus, and 1% cheese. And no, I’m not judging by its cover. I tried it, and I regret that decision to this very day.”
- Mixed: “Licorice. I just don’t understand it. Don’t hate it, can’t love it.”
- What are you? Taijitu.
- How do you see yourself? Real.
- What is your personality? Strong.
- Where would you like to be most right now? Here.
- Why? Existence.
- What is your purpose? Living.
- Who are your friends? Others.
- Why? Fun.
- What do you consider most important to you? Myself.
- Do you have any regrets right now? Doppelganger.
- What would you like to do in the future? Alone.
- Why? Wish.
- What makes you angry? Doppelganger.
- Why? Thief.
- What makes you happy? Everyday.
- Why? Normality.
- What was the most important memory for you? Waking.
- How has that memory shaped you as a person? Merged.
- What are you lacking right now? Peace.
- Do you intend to do anything about it? Researching.
Although Ara will appear normally in photographs and the like, he/she can’t see their own image in mirrors because the one reflected in the mirror will be the other half. The doppelganger in the mirror is able to move separately within the mirror, but cannot move away from the mirror as long as ‘Ara’ remains in front of the mirror.
[What is their perspective on the events of Athalia Academy?]
- Originally, Ara was supposed to be a 'normal' Doppelgänger with tweaks made by Theobromine to the species, including the creation of the 'Fractal World'. But with the (original) 3 character limit of the RP, Theo couldn't decide whether to make the last character a female or male. By chance, Theo came across the picture used for Ara and came up with the idea to create 2 separate egos.
- Ara's surname Glaisyer is a French surname meaning "glass polisher". It was chosen in reference to the 'Fractal World' which can be accessed via mirrors (glass) and the floating 'shards' found inside.
- The name Ara is a name of unknown origin that can be used for both males and females depending on the country it is used in. It is also a genus of macaw (parrot - a reference to Ara's ability being based on 'copying' someone or forcing someone to copy them).
- Favourite Food: Tiramisu
- Least Favourite Food: Blue Cheese