- Gender: Female
- Species/Race: Human
- Age: 17
- Height: 5'3" / 1.63 m
- Weight: 123.46 lb. / 56.0 kg
- Hair Color: Rust-coloured (Dark, brownish red.)
- Eye Color: Brown (Slight tint of red.)
- Skin Color: Fair
She refers to her own ability as ‘No-Limit Road’. The actual nature of her power lies in the ability to walk on anything that can support her weight, regardless of the laws of gravity and almost seeming to re-direct any gravitational forces acting on her towards the surface she’s walking on. Meaning, she can walk on walls, ceilings, and almost any solid surface. Anything she can carry with her normal physical strength can also be taken with her (i.e. if she’s holding something, then the object will experience a gravitational pull towards the surface Katherine is walking on instead of towards the actual ground).
For example, she can walk along the back of a chair. Under normal circumstances the chair should simply topple from the unbalanced weight, but since a ‘chair’ itself is fully capable of supporting her weight if she sits properly in the seat, she can literally stand on the back of the chair perpendicular to the ground. Other forces like someone pushing/pulling her or the wind are not affected by her ability. As an example of limitations: she can technically walk on windows, but most glass is not made to be stood on and would likely shatter under her weight.
She requires contact (direct or indirect, like with shoes on) with a surface using her feet. Meaning, she cannot jump or do a handstand on the surface without plummeting towards the real ground. Any object she loses contact with while using her ability will immediately be subject to normal gravity as well.
- She cannot deal with sour food. It’s to the point where she can't even drink orange juice without cringing.
- Despite having a fairly good athletic ability, she cannot swim. She would honestly rather just walk along the sides of the pool while holding her breath than attempt to float for a few seconds.
- Overall, she’s got the body of an average human being and any weaknesses that apply to normal humans also apply to her.
[What specific combat and non-combat abilities to their powers allow them to possess?]
Generally a friendly and approachable person. She has a bad habit of over-thinking and ends up seeming to be dazed at times. She likes to take things at a leisurely pace and is fairly good at keeping herself calm. On the rare occasions she becomes ‘excited’ (good or bad), she can quickly calm herself back down. Katherine loves simple interactions and small talk with others, but is not comfortable with giving advice for problems or becoming involved in conflict. Not being comfortable with it doesn't mean she won’t, however, it does mean she’ll hesitate to become involved and will look for alternative means if at all possible. She feels no shame in running away (literally) from her problems when needed.
She loves people with a good sense of humor, even though she’s not very good at telling jokes herself and sometimes misses subtle humor thrown in by others from time to time.
Born to an average middle-class family, Katherine’s ability was discovered during her crawling stages. After an initial panic-filled event where were parents were attempt to lure her away from the chandelier and back to the ground, her entire home was made ‘Katherine-proof’: filled with furniture with rounded edges and randomly places soft cushions in every room (in case she fell).
She was home-schooled for kindergarten and the beginning of elementary, until she was sufficiently old enough to gain the trust of her parents to hide her ability. But in all honesty, what child can resist showing off to her friends? Some children thought her ability was cool, but others shunned her for being different. The worst reactions came from the teachers and parents, they regarded her like some sort of strange creature they were afraid of getting close to. She tries not to let her past bother her, but even now she’s quite sensitive to nicknames like, “Spider-woman”, “Fly girl”, “Possessed freak”, and etc…
Katherine transferred to Athalia Academy during her first high school year and has remained here since then.
More on Background:
After the first incident in elementary where Kathy caused an issue by showing off her abilities, she was actually withdrawn from the school and returned to home-schooling once more. However, even her parents saw the limits and disadvantages of attempting to educate Kathy without the proper curriculum. They tried again after some time, but found that Kathy had become fearful of negative reactions from her peers. Trying very hard to be well-liked by virtually everyone, she ended up over-stressing herself and became highly depressed as a result of it. On purpose, she showed her ability to her classmates one morning and forced her parents to withdraw her from school again.
Around the beginning of middle school, a large change occurred in Kathy’s life. Believing it best for their daughter, her father purposely accepted a position in his company that involved a lot of travelling around for business. Of course, the pay was quite a bit higher for the inconvenience and the family got to see incredible sights around the world as a result of it. Knowing they could always move again if there was a problem, she temporarily enrolled in many different schools and slowly grew used to making and losing friends again and again. On one hand, this was effective in slowly letting her heal old wounds. But on the other, new ones were forming in their place. They relocated every few months due to her father’s job. Sometimes they relocated prematurely when Kathy decided to try trusting new friends and showed them her powers. No matter what the results were, her parents always moved the family away if they knew someone discovered what Kathy was capable of.
Growing older, she began to realize her parents’ constant protective arms were protecting her from everything: be it good or bad. She was becoming overly reliant on them, and no matter where she went in the world she was always within the small, safe bubble of her ‘home’. Her world was divided up into just two pieces: her ‘home’ and the ‘outside world’. If anything bad ever happened in the outside world, her parents always brought her into their waiting arms and kept her safe… And isolated.
Kathy’s application to and entering Athalia Academy is probably the first and only time she’s really gone against her parents’ wishes. Guilt of how much trouble she had brought them, and knowledge that they love her and always had her best interests in mind had always kept her from even just disagreeing with them. Believing she would probably give up and return to them soon, they barely allowed her to leave. Unexpectedly, she became very attached to the academy and decided to continue her education there. Especially with all the chaos that has been occurring in the school recently, her parents have become more determined than ever to bring Kathy back home,permanently. An incident occurred (hinted a few times in the IC of Season 2 if you squint) with her parents over the 2 weeks she went back home, causing a rift to form between them.
Theo's Food Preference Test
- Love: “My favourite would probably be any sort of fruit tart. Apple, nectarine, mixed berries… I can’t choose which one specifically since I love them all.”
- Hate: “Hmm… That’s a tough choice between anything sour, and chicken noodle soup. I’m not sure if I really ‘hate’ sour things though, just I have difficulty eating them. Chicken noodle soup… I can eat it, but I’d rather starve.”
- Mixed: “I have mixed feelings about French macarons. I love how they taste, but every time I see one I remember my own failed attempts at making them. Unfortunately they were a lot more difficult to make than other more typical desserts.”
- What are you? Human.
- How do you see yourself? Growing.
- What is your personality? Acceptance.
- Where would you like to be most right now? Athalia.
- Why? Freedom.
- What is your purpose? Helping.
- Who are your friends? Strength.
- Why? Support.
- What do you consider most important to you? Secret.
- Do you have any regrets right now? None.
- What would you like to do in the future? Strengthen.
- Why? Weak.
- What makes you angry? Parents.
- Why? ...Private.
- What makes you happy? ..........Crash.
- Why? Warmth.
- What was the most important memory for you? Childhood.
- How has that memory shaped you as a person? Everything.
- What are you lacking right now? Many.
- Do you intend to do anything about it? Always.
[Anything else we should know?]
[What is their perspective on the events of Athalia Academy?]
Favourite Food: Fruit Tart (No specific type.)
- Least Favourite Food: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Surprisingly enough, she has never been to a movie theater before. She's watched plenty of movies though... At home.
- Theobromine actually came up with the ability first, and added in the character known as Kathy afterwards.
- After coming up with the ability, Theo has debating between 2 different images to use for the character. Had Theo decided to choose the other image, the character known as 'Katherine Argall' would have never been created.
- Argall means "dweller in a quiet place". An indirect reference to Kathy's isolation in the past.
- The name Katherine has many different possible origins, giving the name many different potential meanings. Examples of meanings include, "far off", "torture", and "pure". The name was chosen precisely because of its ambiguous nature and Theo wanting to develop more of her character depending on the events in the RP rather than her actual background.
- She has never actually used the nickname 'Kathy' until her admittance into the academy. Before, she went by a different nickname and her parents still use this nickname to this day.
- Kathy's favourite colour is purple.