- Gender: Male
- Species/Race: Phoenix
- Age: 17 yrs.
- Height: 6'0"/1.83 m
- Weight: 121 lb./54.88 kg
- Transformation: The main power of the Phoenix is the ability to transform. It has two forms, a human form, and a bird form. The bird form is the true Phoenix form, therefor it is the most powerful. The human form is more of a disguise, but it limits its power.
- Fire Manipulation: The Phoenix has the ability to create fire and control fire the way it pleases. It is far more powerful than a mere fire wizard, bordering that of an Ancestral Demon, though it uses a different type of fire.
- Resistance: In bird form, the Phoenix has complete immunity to fire, and high endurance towards other forms of attack. While in human form, however, it is still immune to fire, but it is only somewhat resistant to other things. Even though it is stronger, faster, and overall better than a human physically while in human form, it sill has weakness.
- Experience: Even though Matt is nearing the height of a human's age, he has far to count as "powerful". Sure, he can shoot fireballs, sure he can transform into a bird made of fire, but when going against a demon from the depths of hell, where exactly is that going to get him?
- Need of Precision: Don't play with fire, you might burn your house down. That is something Matt has to watch out for always. He needs to be completely precise, or he'll burn something that means something to him.
- Visions: Normally visions would be a good thing. Not if you can't remember what your vision was, and especially not when your in a middle of a fight and you suddenly go unconscious for the sake of a vision that doesn't help you. This has potential to be very powerful, but right now, all it is is a hindrance.
<No Known Abilities>
Once upon a time, Matt was an innocent little boy looking forward with hope for the future, but that all stopped because of his experiences during the late Kamaysia Era. Now he's someone completely different. On the outside he is calm, thoughtful, and cautious. However, on the inside he is fearful, confused, and lonely. He tries his best to look like he knows what he's doing, but in reality he feels scared. He has trouble relating to other people, and even though he has many friends, he only believes he has one, Lily Brightendale.
Matt was found in human form by an elderly couple who had no children. They took him and raised him as their own, loving him and caring for him. They brought him up very well, and attempted to lead him in the path of Christianity, but wouldn't force it upon him. He went to church irregularly, and didn't really believe that much.
The troubles began when he was about ten years old, he started setting things on fire, even though he had no item that would do such a thing. His "parents" watched him closely, and finally sat down with him and told him about the super natural. At first he didn't believe them, thinking they were crazy, but as his life went on, he began to get swayed. Eventually he turned back to them for help. They told him about Kamasyia Academy, an academy floating in the sky, only known about by "mythical creatures", and those that work with them. He was accepted into the academy when he was fourteen years old.
He gained many friends there, and even though the rules involving going to classes weren't really that enforced, he did his best to follow them.
It was a very enjoyable time for him, until an attack on that school. Not knowing how to use his powers at all, he took a plane, right before the attack, to an address he found with help from Lily Brightendale. Even now he still feels very guilty about that.
A storm caused the small plane to crash, but neither Matt nor the pilot were hurt. They made their way to civilization, even though it took a few days. After they got to civilization, they split up, the pilot going back to the academy, and Matt going to the address.
When he got there, he was welcomed by a man named Terry. Since it was already dark, he put Matt to bed. However, while Matt was sleeping, Terry used a technology he researched to control Matt's mind.
Matt woke up miles away, and days later with no memory of what happened. Apparently Terry's Mind-Chip had a glitch, and broke.
At this time, Matt was nearing fifteen years old, but in order to get a job, he lied and said he was sixteen. He barely got by, but survived. Eventually he lost enough pride to take shelter in a church. The pastor let him stay in the church, and as "payment", Matt went to the services.
Eventually, the pastor decided to go ahead and adopt Matt as his own son. Matt lived with the kind man for about a year, until he got an invitation to a new school somewhat like Kamasyia, except much more well known. Soon after that, Matt packed his bags and headed to the prestigious school known as Athalia Academy.
Matt is taking English, Math, and History. His electives are Art, Theater, and Physical Education.
- What are you? Phoenix.
- How do you see yourself? Normal.
- What is your personality? Cautious.
- Where would you like to be most right now? Athalia.
- Why? Home.
- What is your purpose? Unknown.
- Who are your friends? People.
- Why? Happiness.
- What do you consider most important to you? Athalia.
- Do you have any regrets right now? Yes.
- What would you like to do in the future? Purpose.
- Why? Purpose.
- What makes you angry? Unsuccess.
- Why? Sadness.
- What makes you happy? Friends.
- Why? Happiness.
- What was the most important memory for you? Kamasyia.
- How has that memory shaped you as a person? Controllable.
- What are you lacking right now? Ability.
- Do you intend to do anything about it? Athalia.
- Has a rivalry against Oona Fredrick, the Selkie.
- Became famous among the RPers because of his involvement in the Baelily vs. Mattily battle.
- Matt's hair, though burns, won't burn away. Very useful for a light source.
Matt entered the scene when he flew into the garden right after the opening ceremony. There, he met his good friend Lily Brightendale. However, their meeting was rudely interrupted when a demon commonly known as Bael forced himself in between the two, starting the Baelily vs. Mattily battle, though it was just a hint back then.
Matt then entered the cafeteria to eat breakfast. There, he met face to face with the girl who would ever after become his "enemy". Oona Fredrick, the Selkie of Athalia Academy. It all happened like this.
Matt was walking to find a table, but tripped. His food flew into the air, and landed on an unsuspecting girl. Normally, Oona would find it okay, and would just clean herself off, but there was just something about the boy that drove her up the wall insane.
She yelled at him, and Matt, who would normally let it pass, and just apologize again, somehow got angry. And so, the everlasting fight between Matt and Oona began.
After that, he took a nap in his room.
Just as he showed up at the party at the Student Center, some buff kid broke a table in half with a little boy's face. He immediately jumped in, but was pretty much pushed out of the way by a demon. Of course, he didn't actually know that that was the same person who pushed him aside in the garden, Bael.
After that, he went to bed. Sleepy guy, huh.
Next morning, he learned that Lily had been transformed into her former self and didn't know anything about him. While Bael was getting up points with her, Matt spent most of the day trying to figure out how to turn her back. Needless to say, he came across nothing, there were no clues to who did it, why, or how to turn her back, even though his feelings said Bael had something to do about. However, he wasn't willing to confront him in front of Lily.
That night, while he was eating supper (he was starving, as he hadn't eaten at all that day), Crash popped in and told everyone to meet in the auditorium. That was when all hell broke loose!
ALL HAIL LORD LUCIFER!!!
With a very loud boom, all electric appliances in the school immediately stopped working. Students all around began breaking down. Some chatted nervously, some just sat down and cried.
Matt lit his hair on fire to provide light, and flew to the stage, where an army began to form. He suggested the students willing to fight split into two groups, one protecting the students who couldn't, or were to afraid to, while the other fought the oncoming "army" of demons. The students decided to go with that, but before they could initiate, a demon blew up the auditorium, causing Matt to end up in a tree in the garden. He twisted his ankle, and attempted to limp to the battle, but couldn't fight because he was injured.
- End of Season 1 -